We understand your needs as we come from a background which involved planning residentials, adventure activities for young people and applying for funds.
How Can We Help?
- SPECIAL PRICES FOR YOUTH & SCHOOL GROUPS
- School & Youth Groups Price List 12th May 2015
This will give you details of activities, prices, ratios and kit provided. You can always contact us if there is any additional information you need before booking.
- We have comprehensive insurance for the activities we offer and to the required level for most local authorities. We do not offer personal accident insurance. Documents available on request.
- We can can work with you to provide evidence of what the young people have done and the skills they needed to use for their activity. This can assist in recording the progression of young people and the distance traveled. An example of a Recorded Outcome. These are being asked for more and more.
- Duke of Edinburgh Award. We can offer expedition training for all levels and local qualified supervision of groups visiting the Yorkshire Dales. We can also help with your planning as we have a vast knowledge of the area as well as years of experience of working with and training Duke of Edinburgh Award groups. More Information here on accreditation…
- With our new indoor facilities near Stainforth we are able to offer team activities indoors as well as outdoors. With the activities being inside they can go on whatever the weather. There is a small Bouldering Wall, Ringing the Bell and other low level tasks. This means that we can provide all year activity days for your group as we can either run the day at the Barn or use the Barn as a wet weather alternative.
- The Barn also provides for training in more advanced vertical caving skills for small groups who want to develop their interest in the sport. It provides a dry, safe environment where the instructor can work alongside the participants.
- We can help teach the young people about risk management through relating it to their activity and their wider world.
- We can provide training for staff who wish to bring groups to the area. Our extensive knowledge of the Dales, our work in the outdoors and being active members of the local cave and fell rescue team allows us to draw on a wealth of experience on risk assessing, risk management, weather and its effects, dealing with small incidents etc.
- We have an AALA Licence for working with under 18s who do not have a parent or legal guardian with them on the activity. The specified activities are: Caving, Hill Walking & Mountaineering, Rock Climbing – (Single Pitch only), Abseiling – (Single pitch only) and Gorge Scrambling. Our Licence Number is R0337/L9821 The Licence means we have been inspected for the activities we offer that fall under the law. Not all activities are included as they are deemed to be of a lower risk.
- AALA License copy AALA-2013-15
- Yorkshire Dales Guides. Code of Conduct and Transfer of Responsibilities. YDG-Code-of-Conduct